10.08.2009

The Gossip in DC



Last night I stayed up waaaaay past my adult bedtime and snuck out to see The Gossip in concert. They played with Men and Apache Beat at the 9:30 Club, an awesome little venue here in town.

I thought Men were pretty cool; I'd never heard them before, so I bought their sampler CD. It was fun dancey music.

But I wasn't fully prepared for how awesome The Gossip were going to be. Beth Ditto, the band's zaftig singer with bright orange hair, was both kooky/charming and a beast barely contained. Her voice was perfect in performance, and the rest of the band turned in a really great performance. It's one of the more fun shows I've been to, partly because the audience was into it.

You can hear the show on NPR's All Songs Considered.

2 comments:

  1. The Gossip are FABULOUS in concert. Their album doesn't even come close to capturing how good they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! Have you heard the song Cruel Intentions she does with Simian Mobile Disco on their new album? It's a must download.

    ReplyDelete