8.15.2009

The Collagist is Go

Dzanc Books's new online literary magazine The Collagist is alive today. Editor Matt Bell explains in this letter:

"Looking at this list of contributors, I am so blown away by the size of their talents, the scope of their accomplishments, by the potential of the future words each has yet to unleash upon the page. I can't thank these writers enough for gifting our debut issue with their words, and I truly hope you'll enjoy each and every piece collected here.

As long as I'm thanking people, I'd also like to mention some of those who made this first issue possible:

Steve Gillis and Dan Wickett at Dzanc Books, for extending their publishing venture past the printed page and onto the internet, and for allowing me the honor of editing this new publication. Dzanc was created to publish and promote literary writing, and, to me, The Collagist is in some ways a recognition of the fact that while their book publishing arm necessarily deals in full manuscripts, there is still a calling for Dzanc to find ways to publish and promote individual pieces by a wider population of emerging and established writers."

Check out new poems from Oliver de la Paz, Christina Kallery, and me!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your poems! Looks like it will be a good magazine.

    ReplyDelete