12.11.2008

Book list for my class

Reading Emerging Poetries

It was nearly impossible to distill this down to just seven titles...I was going to have the class pick on the first day, but I was encouraged to choose in advance since books can be difficult to get.

Want, Rick Barot
Into Perfect Spheres Such Holes Are Pierced, Catherine Barnett
Bouquet of Hungers, Kyle G. Dargan
Lit Windowpane, Suzanne Frischkorn
Crush, Richard Siken
American Spikenard, Sarah Vap

so I added Legitimate Dangers, Michael Dumanis & Cate Marvin, eds., as well so we could cover a lot of emerging poetry ground in six weeks.

5 comments:

  1. The BEST christmas gift ever. I adore you, thank you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when people post lists like this because I always hear about a new poet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I'm not on the list. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm, Crush. That's some good yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good list. It's so hard to narrow a list like that down!

    ReplyDelete