The 2007 AIDS Walk in Atlanta is approaching in five days, and I am excited to be participating because the walk will benefit twelve organizations, which I will list at the end of the entry. In these last few days I am pumping up my fundraising efforts. You can help out and have the chance to win a lovely prize. A number of established poets were generous, thoughtful, and kind to donate autographed books with the comment, "Thanks for supporting the 2007 AIDS Walk," for me to use for fundraising efforts.
How it works:
1. Visit Team Truvy's AIDS Walk page by clicking HERE.
2. Once on the AIDS Walk site, click on "make a donation," which is located above the "AIDS Walk Atlanta Goal Watch" and "My AIDS Walk Donors." )You should see a page with a header reading "2007 AIDS Walk Atlanta;" below it will read "Thanks for giving on behalf of Dustin Brookshire.")
3. Enter the amount you wish to donate. (Remember, all donations are tax deductible.)
Every $5 donation earns you a chance to win an autographed book. A donation $50 earns you 15 chances to win a book by select poets. If you donate $100 you can pick the book you want from the list below!
4. Once you've donated drop a line on the blog or send an email to dustinvbrookshireATgmail.com.
5. The drawing will occur following the AIDS Walk. Poet Montgomery Maxton will create a Youtube video announcing the winners.
Exquisite Politics autographed by Denise Duhamel
Small Gods of Grief autographed by Laure-Anne Bosselaar
the dead alive and busy autographed by Alan Shapiro
Tantalus in Love autographed by Alan Shapiro
Late autographed by Cecilia Woloch
Slow to Burn autographed by Collin Kelley
Sacrifice autographed by Cecilia Woloch
Return of the Prodigals by Kurt Brown
Mille et un sentiments autographed by Denise Duhamel
Saints of Hysteria: A Half-Century of Collaborative American Poetry autographed by Denise Duhamel
Never Before: Poems about First Experiences autographed by Laure-Anne Bosselaar
*Not Pictured* Like All We Love autographed by Kate Evans
(Should be up tomorrow)