4.16.2007

Phoenix Pride



Portrait of me as the Unabomber. It was so COLD!



I got to ride the mechanical bull, something I've wanted to do my whole life. I lasted 48 seconds. The guy really cranked up the bucking near the end. They said, Keep your eyes on the bull's head and I did. Then I literally flew up and off.

Not pictured: me, off the bull, on my back, legs in the air: only my shoe is visible.

EDIT: When I took a shower today, I discoverd that my inner thighs are both bruised and tender from clenching the bull so hard.

I don't know if that will make me more or less popular.

6 comments:

  1. Um...

    It was cold and yet you're wearing SHORTS!!!!

    Where are you from, mister? Because it certainly isn't the frigid states bordering Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted to try a mechanical bull too! Did it live up to your expectations?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, blame the bull for those bruises . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what they say...you mess with a bull, you'll get the horns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post made me think of the time my best friend and his fiancé convinced me to go to Wild Bill's, a land where no gay man is safe and should always be on toes and not by the means of stiletto heels. There is a mechanical bull at Wild Bill's. I sat near it to watch the drunk peeps fly from the bill; however, plenty of men in their 40s were near the bull taking pictures of girls being thrown off the bull. Oh, the breeders-- good times.

    Is Pride always this early there?

    -DB

    ReplyDelete