4.17.2007

Kenneth Cole Update

I've been wearing my Kenneth Cole shoes for about two months now.

I want you to know they are the most comfortable pair of dress shoes I've ever owned.

I wear them to work all the time. I have to do a lot of walking, working on a campus, and they never make my feet sore. They are the perfect size and shape for my feet, with a wide toe box to accommodate my oddly squared-off toes, and although they aren't "cushiony" the way sneakers are, they seem molded to my feet now.

And they weren't too expensive, either, considering the amount of mileage I get out of them. They were only $89.00 at the Kenneth Cole Outlet store in the sad mall. It might be the most I've paid for a pair of shoes, but I'm glad I did. I'm going to go back—I have a little crush on this pair of black loafers. They have a silver bar across the tongue that I like. And: square toes.

My black dress shoes are from 1999. I bought them right before I got my first job, to wear on job interviews. Before that, my most expensive pair of shoes cost approximately $29. The black shoes are Guess?, and they've done good by me for almost 8 years. But it might be time to diversify, bring in a new player. Someday I would like to own more nice shoes.

My biggest shoe disappointment was a few weeks ago when I spontaneously wore my black Converse One Stars to the Tracy Longley-Cook show. My back was killing me and my heels hurt. I was sad. I love Converse shoes. But I think it's either Kenneth Cole or Dr. Scholls for me from now on.

3 comments:

  1. My personal shoe demon comes in the form of Fluevog shoes.

    Oh my god beauty. Expensive. But so comfortable and hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wear Converse either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In high school I had a pair of KC's that were extremely comfortable. After high school I saw a friend wearing them and asked how he liked his shoes. Turns out they were a Sketcher's knock-off and he couldn't afford the KC variant, which is totally understandable except that I got them at Nordstrom Rack for $35.

    ReplyDelete