3.20.2007

I love Larry Kramer so much.

I usually don't double-post, but I had to share what C. Dale linked to today:

"Why do you hate us so much that you will not permit us to legally love? I am almost 72, and I have been hated all my life, and I don't see much change coming.

I think your hate is evil.

What do we do to you that is so awful? Why do you feel compelled to come after us with such frightful energy? Does this somehow make you feel safer and legitimate? What possible harm comes to you if we marry, or are taxed just like you, or are protected from assault by laws that say it is morally wrong to assault people out of hatred? The reasons always offered are religious ones, but certainly they are not based on the love all religions proclaim.

And even if your objections to gays are religious, why do you have to legislate them so hatefully? Make no mistake: Forbidding gay people to love or marry is based on hate, pure and simple.

You may say you don't hate us, but the people you vote for do, so what's the difference? Our own country's democratic process declares us to be unequal. Which means, in a democracy, that our enemy is you. You treat us like crumbs. You hate us. And sadly, we let you." Full article here.

This is why I've written what I've written.

3 comments:

  1. Larry Kramer is a legend.

    And I'm so proud of you for what you do, but even more so because you do it so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Larry rules. He's the type of in-your-face that I cannot be and I'm greatful to him for that.

    And, in other news . . .
    Maybe you should go visit Montgomery Maxton to go sing along with Buff?
    Oh, and speaking of Buffy, what did you think of the first issue of the new comic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't find it anywhere. GWAHH!

    ReplyDelete