2.21.2007

Now It Can Be Told

I've just received word that I can spill one piece of my big, good news.

I received an Artist's Project Grant from the Arizona Commission on the Arts in support of my manuscript-in-progress!!

At the time, I had only envisioned the Matthew Shepard poems and the Vertigo section of the book. The strange science-fiction section at the end was a complete surprise.

EVEN BETTER: four wonderful other artists I know also received grants during this cycle: poet Sean Nevin, poet Stephanie Lenox (who has been giving me amazing feedback on my work as I write it), memoirist Tania Katan, and visual artist Angela Ellsworth.

Please join me in congratulating them.

25 comments:

  1. Congrats Charlie! I'll raise a glass in your honor!

    As for Mr. Nevin . . . DAMN he's having a good year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    Helena Handbasket was crapping herself with excitement when they reached that decision. She couldn't wait to tell you.

    Spend it all on jerky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! This is really great news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!! Congratulations, Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. I'll buy you a drink at AWP. Maybe two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful news, Charlie! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! Congratulations on your wonderful and well-deserved news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, congratulations! Wonderful news, and well-deserved.

    Looking forward to reading the manuscript when it grows up and turns into a book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And more congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aACongratulations! Wonderful news!

    Enjoy this.
    Best,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Charlie. You have such a good spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great news, Charlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY! And well deserved. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many congrats, Charlie!

    ::highfive::

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! And many more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! Enjoy the grant - and I can't wait to read the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thrilled. For you, and Stephanie, Sean, Angela, and Tania. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Charles, a heartfelt and not even envious ('cause I'm not an Arizonian :) ) congratulations! Sooo wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations, Charles! What poetic joy will come of it I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! Congratulations! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Exceptional news! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete