12.19.2006

I'll Take, "Things That Are Hard to Find" for $1,000, Please, Alex?

How about books about somewhat obscure Italian Renaisssance painters who painted a series of portraits of Venus and Adonis?

Yes. I am searching. I may have to fly back to that art museum so I can complete my book.

I'm trying not to do that, though. Maybe I can buy the exhibition catalog... But really, I need some color plates of the paintings, and being in the same room with them would be better.

EDIT
I talked to the museum and they say their catalog should provide me everything I need. Kind of pricey at $45, but cheaper than airfare.

2 comments:

  1. Try your university's interlibrary loan system, Charlie. That's always worked wonderfully for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger totally beat me to it. Also, in the sidebar of my blog there is a little worldcat.org search box; you can use that to look it up and see if you can find anything in a nearby library. Or, heck, email me the info. I have a master's degree in looking up crap. :)

    Although, of course, owning the catalog for yourself is more fun.

    ReplyDelete