1.18.2005

All Along the Watchtower

Today Ron Silliman is blogging about Bob Dylan, the most famous export from Hibbing, Minnesota (or is it Hastings? It's an H-place). Like me, Dylan spent his college years bumming around the Dinkytown area of Minneapolis. Well, okay--Dylan spent that time plucking his guitar; I was shopping for vintage clothes (like my favorite old cheerleading sweater) at Ragstock and following cute boys around. But I digress.

"All Along the Watchtower" is one of my favorite Dylan songs. The watchtower of the title is actually a park fixture near the University commonly referred to as the Witch's Hat.



Though it be 1974 miles from here, Minneapolis lives on in my homesick heart. Oh, precious city. You are missed.

2 comments:

  1. My two favorite Dylan songs:

    "Stuck in the Middle with You," and "Most Likely You Go Your Way and I'll go Mine."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a "VALIDATE ME" entry. Is that what this is, Charles? You've been saying such nice things to me on my blog lately. :)

    You know that Minneapolis (and I) would welcome you back with open arms, if only you would free yourself from this ridiculous obsession with temperature. Some of our best days here were in ice and snow...watching the people slip and slide about...fearing for our lives on public transportation...

    Get back here already.

    Luff,
    Me

    ReplyDelete